Every month, we send out a great newsletter with tons of useful content for developers. If you don’t receive it already, sign up now so you don’t miss any more. Below is the intro letter, but click here to read the March newsletter in full.
We’re back from Barcelona! Where we had a BLAST!
With our biggest party and WIPJam EVER !!
For a very developery MWC with 19% of attendees from “development companies” !!
The multinational crowd always reminds me though of the fact that the “WIP brand” would do with a bit of clarification…
So here’s a quick guide, especially for those joining us:
- We’re WIP and we are a bunch of WIPsters.. if you read this you are one too!
- You probably know us for our events the WIPJams (of which WIPJam @MWC 2012 was the biggest with 1100 particpants!)
- Or for our website www.wipconnector.com
- Or for putting together events where adding a WIP at the front would just sound stupid…AppZone at London Book Fair or Droidcon
- WIP is NOT pronounced ˈwīp as in “html5 wiped up all the attention at MWC!” Boot to Gecko (B2G) , Core Mobile Web Platform Community Group (CG)
- WIP is NOT pronounced ˈwēp as in “we are left weeping of joy by the revenue perspectives in mobile enterprise at MWC ”
- WIP is NOT pronounced dəbəlyüīpē as in “Enough of acronyms let RCS (Rich Communication Service) become Joyn at MWC”
- WIP IS pronounced ˈwip as in “Thibaut must have whipped the participants in order get so many cool hacks at Le Mobile’2012 (in French)”
And yes we know it’s TOO complex!!! But we’re working on it!
Let us know your suggestions… and to start with we have a logo contest on!